Cadburys Creme Egg Brownies

Image

Ok, so I didn’t really need to put the Creme eggs in the brownies, but when it comes to Creme eggs, we’re not really talking about ‘need’ are we?

ImageEaster mornings when me and my brother were children always started with egg hunts in our garden, or my grandma’s garden or, on particularly good years, both. We would take wicker baskets outside and hunt for little foil wrapped eggs hidden in flower beds, concealed beneath the daffodils, tucked into the branches of trees, or peeking out from under bushes. My grandma would dunk boiled eggs into food dye, so their shells would turn, red, blue and green, and the white inside would become mottled with splashes of colour. We’d race around the garden filling our baskets with eggs. There are few things more magical to me than the glint of colourful foil blinking out from amidst the greenery.

Image

Image

Easter, therefore, would not be Easter for me without some sort of little eggs. I’m not really fussy. As long as they’re wrapped up and pretty I’ll take anything. One of the best though, surely has to be the creme egg. It’s always an exciting moment seeing the first ones of the year in the shops. My favourite part about them is biting off the top and dipping my little finger into the gloopy middle.

As you’d expect, these are incredibly sweet, but if you’re a fan of creme eggs that probably won’t worry you.

(recipe adapted from Love and Olive Oil)

Image

5.0 from 2 reviews
Cadburys Creme Egg Brownies

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Delicious rich and fudgy chocolate brownies, filled with mini cadbury creme eggs, and topped with creme and chocolate toppings.
Serves: 20 small brownies
  • 10 mini creme eggs
  • for the creme topping
  • 85g golden syrup
  • 25g butter
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 170g icing sugar
  • for the chocolate topping
  • 100g milk chocolate
  • 50g butter
Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
  2. Grease and line a 20cmx20cm tin.
  3. In a heavy based pan, melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Stir constantly and watch the chocolate carefully to make sure it doesn't burn. Take the chocolate off the heat. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, then the sugar.
  4. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Fold it into the mixture until just combined. Pour into a lined tin lined with grease-proof paper (make sure paper rises up a little higher than the sides to give you space for the toppings). Push the mini creme eggs into the brownie mixture at evenly spaced intervals, pushing them right down into the brownie mixture.
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. I like my brownies still a little gooey so I take them out just before they look completely cooked. Let the brownies cool completely.
  6. To make the cream, beat the golden syrup, butter and vanilla together until smooth and well combined. Slowly add in the icing sugar and beat until creamy. You might need to add a little water to help it mix. Spread over the top of the brownies and chill in the fridge for about two hours.
  7. Finally, melt the butter and chocolate together in a heavy based pan. Pour over the top of the brownies and leave to set.
  8. Cut the cooled brownies into squares. I like to make about 20 small brownies as they're quite sweet, but you could make them bigger if you prefer.

You may also like...

Comments:

1. Rosalyn Cranham says:

I have shown these to my students and they want to make them on the last day of term.

• I hope your students enjoy them! Try putting the creme eggs in the fridge or the freezer for a few minutes before you bake them to stop them melting too much in the oven!

• Came across this just the other day. Myself and my little girl had fun making them and even more fun eating them with our homemade ice cream. We also made then again but using white malteasers just as yummy 🙂
        thanks

• Do my eyes decieve me? Who took a slice of heaven and put it on a plate? And why did it not go directly in my mouth? Creme eggs are my all time favorite… I’m making these for sure! Thank you for your ingenious invention!

2. I loved reading your memories of Easter…sound so much like mine 🙂 These brownies look so good!

3. Hello,
    Do you have a recommended tin size please?
    Thanks
    Rachel

4. hi

these look really yummy, and want to give them a try. can you tell me what size tin you used please?

Thanks x

5. My daughter has posted your recipe on Facebook so all her friends can enjoy your recipe. I think it might be popular 😀

6. rebecca wilder says:

what heat do u bake brownies on got a fan oven. Thankyou

7. Sorry to be a nuisance, but what temperature do you put the oven?

8. Wow this looks amazing. Will be trying this next week 🙂

9. Hi could you email me this recapi please as trying to print thanks leanne

10. deb davies says:

printing as we speak x

11. These look soooo ‘goo-ooooooood’ lol – I’m pregnant and haven’t had any cravings as yet but I think these may just break the record. xx

12. Mmm this looks fantabulous and an amazing easter treat!

Molly xx

13. I know this might sound silly but what is stud the creme eggs, I thought maybe putting them in near end of cooking ?

• Hi Liz, I just pressed them lightly into the top of the brownie mixture just before it went into the oven.
      Hope that helps!
      Jennie

• Hi I’ve made these and froze the eggs but the inside of the egg has come out followed everything as it said and cooked for about 22 min where have I gone wrong thanks xx

• HI Georgina,

I’m sorry to hear they didn’t quite work for you. I have to admit i’m not quite sure why either, freezing the eggs always works perfectly for me. I’d love to bake a few more batches and experiment for you, but creme eggs haven’t hit the shops in Hong Kong yet this year!

Were the creme eggs completely covered by the brownie mixture? If not, covering the tray with a bit of foil might help. Alternatively you could try poking the creme eggs into the brownies about half way through cooking time, just before the crusty layer forms on top of the brownie.

If I hear of any of any other tips i’ll let you know!

Jennie

14. Geraldine stewart says:

They look good and I am going to try them with my granddaughter

15. Do we need to freeze the creme eggs before baking

16. Joanne Moore says:

Why would you spoil a perfectly nice brownie with a cream egg

• If you’re not a creme egg fan you could leave off the cream layer and put your favourite chocolates in instead of the creme eggs. I wasn’t a fan for years so I can see where you’re coming from! I think they’d be really good with oero chunks, or malteasers 🙂
      Jennie

• I like creme eggs, but no one else in my house does, so I’m making them with the caramel eggs that Cadburys do as well. I’m sticking with the topping though!!

17. These look amaazing!! Gonna try them tomo. I only have a roasting tin do u think this would still be ok?

• Hi Em,

I’ve made brownies in a roasting tin before, so I don’t see why not!

It will depend how big your tin is, if it’s a big tin you might want to double up the recipe, or your brownies will end up too skinny to contain the cream eggs!

Jennie

18. Hi Jennie, when you say stud, I assume you mean push them in, until they are submerged into the mixture? thanks for an awesome recipte, my kids are going to be so happy.

19. oooh these look amazing, defo going to give them a try x

20. This is so wrong. Creme Eggs are perfect just as they are, baking them into a cookie can only spoil them.

21. Hi, roughly how long did you cook the brownies for so they were gooey? ive got a fan oven so i’ll out the temperature between 160-180 but not sure on times?! Thanks 🙂

• Hi Kerry,

I’d bake them for about 25 minutes, but i’ve never tried them in a fan oven so i’d suggest keeping a close eye on them as they may need a little less time. Take them out when they’re getting firm around the outside, but they still have a little bit of wobble in the middle, then they should be lovely and gooey 🙂

Jennie

22. wow they look so so yummy! I cant wait to try them <3
    Emma

peacelovevintage.com

23. Jane Mc (Janey Liz) says:

Good god! ….And now I’m 1 stone heavier than I was before.

….Worth it.

What an amazing recipe! Thankyou x

24. Now that Hershey’s have taken them over they are being pumped full of high fructose corn syrup. No thanks, I’ll buy raw organic cocoa (full of all the nutritional goodness) and avoid this highly processed stuff to help my health.

25. emma campbell says:

Hi could u email me the recipe please

26. Fantastic recipe idea. Going to do this with my little girls later! Shared on Facebook with all my friends too! 🙂

27. Claire Murdoch says:

Just tried this, its cooling as I type took longer than 25 mins to cook, I did use a silicone loaf tin haven’t got a rectangle tin small enough. Hope it’s cooked properly underneath :/

28. Do you mix all brownie ingredients while in the pan with the heat on or melt choc and butter and take off heat

• Hi Stuart,

Take it off the heat once you’ve melted the chocolate, otherwise you could end up with scrambled eggs. Sorry, I should have noted that in the recipe.

Hope you enjoy the brownies 🙂
      Jennie

29. This sounds like heaven. Only one criticism… why use mini creme eggs?? Use full size ones 😀

30. Just made and have it awaiting in the fridge before putting the top chocolate layer on. We can’t wait to try! Have posted pics on instagram of the baking process and someone recognised your recipe from a facebook positing. Thanks for sharing with the world 🙂

31. do you think it would work with other types of egg? Caramels etc? Am thinking of doubling up and doing half cream egg, half caramel egg… looks amazing!

• That sounds amazing! I can’t wait to try this recipe.
      She has said further up if you don’t like creme eggs replace with your favourite chocs, let us know what it’s like!

• I don’t see why not! Caramel eggs sound like they would be amazing! I might be tempted to leave off the creme layer though, could it be possible that with caramel eggs it would just be too sickly?! Let me know how they go, i’d love to see how they turn out! 🙂

• I made them with caramel eggs literally an hour ago. They came out lovely but I didn’t make the topping because I don’t have the ingredients!

32. Honestly, thank you so much for bringing this into my life. YUM!

33. Makes you wonder why people cant a) go through the comments and see the tin size and the oven temp repeated several times and b) go through the recipe and copy and paste rather than get the lady to email you the recipe..

Absolutely brilliant idea and will have a go this weekend… now remind me what size tin do I use and what temperature do I bake it at?

34. Reblogged this on Therapeutic Opinion – My Blog and commented:
    These look amazing!!

35. Just FYI Hot UK Deals on Facebook have posted a completely different recipe (an inferior one too!) but used your picture above, they have also had the cheek to watermark it.

36. Tracey Newton says:

Is that normal Cadbury’s chocolate or cooking chocolate? Thanks 🙂

37. Was just coming on to say the same as John.. Hot UK Deals has watermarked your pic and put it up with a recipe of their own! 🙁 Very cheeky 🙁 Makes me think I should watermark all of my pics..!

• Thanks for letting me know guys. It’s so sad people do this isn’t it? I’d have no problem with them using the recipe if they’d asked, but stealing the picture as their own, but then linking it with a completely different recipe is just rotten!

38. This recipe sounds amazing, but I am useless at converting the grams to cups, ounces, whatever. Anyone give me a hand? Thanks! (math-impaired).

39. Wow was thinking of baking at the weekend now it’s a dead cert. Heaven in a bite sized chunk. Thank you!

40. How do you stop the eggs from melting? I just made some and the middle of the eggs spilled out under the brownie. Still tastes awesome though

• I’ve always found popping them in the freezer works for me.
      A friend has pointed out that my Creme eggs probably came from Australia, and might therefore have had some anti melting chemicals in them – they don’t taste nearly as good as proper English Cadbury’s, but they last a bit longer in the Hong Kong weather! She’s busy experimenting back in the Uk for me, so If I have any more tips i’ll let you know!
      Jennie

41. I know what I’m making for Easter this year! Amazing recipe!

42. This may sound strange but I am not a baking type! in the recipe, its tjree stages, first being to leave it to cool completely. do i then add the cream mixture once.its cool, or do i add it ..then let chill in fridge for two hours?
    then after two hours add the chocolate and buttter? or do.i do it all at once?.

43. This may sound strange but I am not a baking type! in the recipe, its three stages, first being to leave it to cool completely. do i then add the cream mixture once.its cool, or do i add it ..then let chill in fridge for two hours?
    then after two hours add the chocolate and buttter? or do.i do it all at once?.

• Hi Hayley,

Yes you need to do it in stages and let each layer cool before going onto the next one. So make the brownies, then let them cool in the tin. No need for the fridge at this stage. Then make the creme layer and spread it on top. Put the brownies in the fridge to chill for about two hours. You want this layer to be really set before you pour the melted chocolate on, or you’ll get a sticky mess rather than nice layers. Finally, add the chocolate and let it set completely before you cut up the brownies.
      Hope that helps!

Jennie 🙂

44. These look incredible. I’ll definitely be attempting these this weekend! Thanks for the recipe!

45. https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/p526x296/1656129_264837763681932_1972697176_n.jpg

Not sure if this will work I have tried to post a photo of my attempt at doing this recipe. They are really yummy but a tad too rich for me, I think its the crème layer….will do again but think I may only use melted chocolate for the topping and omit the butter as mine didn’t set well, could be because I used flora and asda chocolate.

• Hi Sheila,
      Thanks so much for sharing your photo! They look great 🙂 so happy to see your eggs stayed together! Yes, it might be the flora as it never goes completely solid. I agree they’d be yummy with just a chocolate layer on top! Thanks again for the lovely photo.
      Jennie 🙂

46. Hi Jennie,

These look amazing! Creme Eggs are my all time favourites! I’ve gone out and bought all the ingredients. I’m going to bake a batch this weekend. Quick question how long do you recommend freezing the creme eggs for?

47. Just baked these
    And they didn’t come out as dark as yours??
    Followed the recipe exactly
    Was just wondering if anyone else had this problem??

• Hi Rebecca,

Sorry they didn’t come out quite as you were expecting.

It might be due to the type of cocoa powder you used? Some are much lighter than others and this will affect the taste and colour a little bit.

Jennie

48. What type of butter? unsalted?

• Hi Jen,

Unsalted would be best, although you’re fine with lightly salted too. I’d make sure it’s really butter, especially in the chocolate topping. You’ll get a much tastier brownie, and a much nicer finish than using other butter style products.

Jennie

49. Reblogged this on theramblingsofafoodie.

50. Hi, these look amazing! Can I just ask, if I made these Sunday, would they still be ok by Wednesday? What’s the shelf life? Thanks!

51. @scarletscorchdroppers Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous. I’ve just shared this recipe with my FB Friends & Family. Freezing them worked a treat and now I’m the “Brownie King”. Thanks 😀

52. Me and my mom are having a debate whether the creme eggs are the tiny ones that you buy in the bag or the regular sized ones that you but separately(about 50p each or like 3 for a £1

53. Creme egg choc brownies, made some, shared some, ate most of it myself, making another batch tomorrow/day after, fabulous recipe…

54. Hi,
    I made these this evening to take in to my colleagues at school tomorrow. By far the best brownies I have made/eaten. I also removed mine slightly before the done time and they are beautifully fudgy! Have shared on fb so all my friends can try. Thankyou T x

55. Made these last week, need to make another batch as they were eaten far too quickly! Absolutely yummy, going to try freezing eggs first as the middle of mine Came out too.

56. once cooked do you know if the brownies can be frozen?

57. Do these store well ? in a tin

58. I am making these right now! Can’t wait to try them!

59. Heather rennie says:

Made them for my daughter they came out perfect

60. Made these for the family and even though my brother doesnt like creme eggs he loves the brownies. Unfortunately the egg didnt stay together but maybe i didnt freeze them long enough.
    Also im in trouble if i dont make them again.
    These brownies are a winner with all 🙂

61. Milly humphris says:

Hi, thank you for the post but ive made the brownies with your recipe and followed it to a T, my brownies have come out very pale look nothing like these?

Can you point out what ive done wrong?

• Hi Milly,

Sorry to hear they didn’t come out quite right for you. Its hard to tell what went wrong, but here are a few things which may have caused the brownies to come out pale.

The colour may be down to the exact ingredients you used, cocoa powder, for example can vary in colour quite a lot. The one I used is very dark so helps with the colour. Its also important to make sure you mix the ingredients together until just combined, over beating could add in air which makes them lighter in colour, with a more cake-like texture. Was the texture ok, or did they come out dry? If they were also dry, you might want to try lowering the temperature to about 160C.

Hope that helps.

Jennie

62. Do you reckon these can be stored in the freezer after cooking a batch?

• So sorry for being slow to get back to you. I would say you’d be fine to freeze the brownie layer before you put the toppings on. if you freeze the toppings they might end up becoming a bit watery and they won’t look as good. Hope that helps! Jennie

63. I am baking these for the second time as everyone loves them so much. I use dark chocolate and they are so nice and not quite as sickly

64. Made these yesterday and they turned out brilliantly will definitely make again!!!

65. Lucyleafy says:

In the process of cooking these after a work colleague saw the recipe and has nagged me since the New Year! Just taken the brownie out of the oven and my kitchen smells heavenly. I used Caramel eggs and Daim eggs as well as the crème eggs. These brownies will be like eating a bag of Revels! I hope they turn out as good as your pics look.

66. I made these this weekend and the response from my friends/colleagues is a resounding “amazing”!!! They really are a slice of heaven!

67. I’m making these right now! I’ve added the mini creme eggs but also mini kinder eggs too!

68. Got so excited to make this recipe, everything went ok until the very end when I tried to do the chocolate layer on top, and it looks awful, kinda like its curdled, very gritty looking .. any hints of what to do? will need to try again next week .. lol

• Hi Sam,
      Sorry to hear it didn’t quite work. Hmm, sounds like something went a bit wrong as the chocolate and butter melted together. What butter did you use? It’s possible that the chocolate got too hot in the pan and seized up (going hard and gritty) before it had mixed enough with the butter. If you’re having problems with this step I’d suggest leaving out the butter and just gently melting the chocolate on its own in a bowl over a pan of hot water, or in very short blasts in the microwave. You’ll get a chocolate layer that sets a bit harder, but it should stop that nasty gritty look. Hope that helps! Jennie

69. Alan ingram says:

I have made this four times so far and it is lovely but I think the mini creme eggs that you used must be different as the ones we get don’t have a distinct white and yolk, it is mixed. I have been buying them in different shops to try or is the picture not quite true.

70. I made these this evening, but the underside (that was against the tin) turned out really greasy. I used baking parchment instead of greaseproof paper and I’d never used it before, so it could be that, but just wondering if it’s ever happened to you…. They do still taste lovely though!

• Hello, oh no, that doesn’t sound great. No, thats never happened to me before. It sounds like the ingredients haven’t stayed very stable and the butter has sunk a bit, i’m not sure what would have caused it though. Sorry I can’t be more help! Jennie

71. Hi. Im going to make these for my cousin who im seeing at the end of march. I was just wondering what is the best way to store them and for how long can they be kept? Thanks

• Once you’ve cooled and cut them, i’d suggest storing them in an air tight container in the fridge. The toppings can melt a bit if they’re left out. They’ll keep for about three days at their best. About half an hour before you want to serve them, bring them out of the fridge to come up to room temperature so they go gooey again. If you’re going to travel with them they can warm up as you travel. Hope you and your cousin enjoy them 🙂

72. Jayne Patyon says:

Was thinking could you use the sweet size ones that comes in boxes of hero’s?

73. Do you know how long these will keep for? Im thinking of posting some to my brother and they will arrive in 1-2 days, do you think that will be ok?

• Hi Loren,
      They should keep at their best for about 4 days. I’d be a little wary about posting them though, they’re best kept in the fridge as the toppings tend to go a little bit runny when they warm up. You might end up with your brother opening up a big sticky mess! If you wanted to post them i’d suggest leaving off the creme layer (as this is the biggest culprit to melting!) and perhaps leave the butter out of the chocolate layer. Things should stay together better that way! Jennie x

74. OMG I’m in love & I haven’t tasted them yet! They turned out perfect! Love the brownie recipe alone! Definately one to keep

75. I have made these twice now and they are amazing, how many calories dare I ask 🙂

76. You are evil, scarletscorchdroppers…EVIL!
    That is TOO Much yummyosityness in one recipe.
    I’m calling for the Chocolate Police to arrest you on charges of promoting an indecent amount of concentrated temptation.

77. I made these the other day! Sooo rich, but totally worth it. Delicious 🙂
    I’m gonna made the Chocolate Mini Egg Cupcakes for Easter Sunday!

78. Josie Maybury says:

Hi Jennie, I’m making these brownies today and I can’t wait! With the mini creme eggs, do they need to be cut in half before studded into the brownie mix or can they just be put in whole?

• Hi Josie, The mini creme eggs can just be put in whole. If they’re nice and frozen before hand fingers crossed the filling should all stay in the middle and then be revealed when you slice the brownies after baking!
      Hope you enjoy the brownies 🙂
      Jennie

79. Just made this recipe with dove gluten free flour as my mum has coeliacs. Served it with Haagen daas ice cream. My family said it was the best dessert they’d ever had! Thank you so much!

80. I made these today for Easter dinner! They turned out great! I froze the eggs, and they kept their shape just fine! I found the texture of the brownies was closer to that of fudge, which was fine with me.

I felt creative and added some food colouring to half of the icing to make it look more like the crème egg filling. Here is a picture of my results:

81. Patricia Donnelly says:

Thank you for the lovely recipe, tried it today & it turned out perfect, i had the eggs frozen & was delighted at the way it turned out. VERY sweet but so worth it 🙂

82. Hi – wonderful recipe! Thanks so much for sharing. I made a batch for a work thing, but only took half because my I couldn’t bear letting my family go without! I’ll be making these again for sure. Check them out on my tumblr if you like: http://katymakesthings.tumblr.com/ Thanks, and peace from Australia!

83. Tamara says:

I made these for treat day in work just before Lent started and they went down so well! They are so easy to make and the recipe is very easy to follow! I have passed the recipe to all my friends to try too. Just heading to the kitchen now to whip up a batch for my Girl Guides for a treat while camping!! Thank you so much for the recipe. AMAZING!

84. Thanks for finally talking about >Cadburys Creme Egg Brownies | Scarletscorchdroppers <Liked it!

85. Last year I tried adapting this recipe to make Caramel Egg brownies, and they turned out pretty well: http://tom-wake.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-eggs-factor.html

• Thanks so much for sharing Tom! They look great, It really makes my day to see how my recipes are adapted, and how they turn out! 🙂 Jennie

86. Naomie Bricault says:

Oh my god! I love this recipe. Its my favorite desert. Thank you to invent this recipe.

Trackbacks

1. […] Christmas, I think Easter provides my favourite seasonal food. You already know about my love of Easter Eggs, but its not all about the chocolate for me. It starts Fish and Chips on Good Friday evening and […]

2. […] gooey things into things which are already gooey and rich enough by themselves. Perhaps adding Creme Eggs into brownies was my first mistake,  or maybe it goes back further than that and the Lindor Muffins are to […]

3. […] course I’m not fully faithful when it comes to my brownies. Sometimes I branch out, dabble in creme eggs or cookies and cream, but when it comes down to it, if I had to pick just one, this would be […]

4. […] these were defiantly my favourite Brownies from 2013 , and one of my most popular posts this year. Cadburys Creme Egg Brownies start with a rich layer of brownie studded by melted, gooey creme eggs and topped with a layer of […]

5. […] these look insane and you can make them, check out this blog – there is a […]

6. […] Content from http://scarletscorchdroppers.com/2013/03/12/creme-egg-brownies/ – Thank you scarletscorchdroppers for these marvellous creations and everything else that is […]

7. […] A few days ago I found this link fall before me. and lucky it did otherwise i would have never found out about CREAM EGG BROWNIES! […]

8. […] Only two results will come of these Creme Egg brownies: […]

9. […] About a year ago I adapted this recipe for Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies. I’ve been thrilled that, recently, lots of you have been giving them a go. I’ve had lots of lovely tweets and comments with pictures of mouth-wateringly delicious looking finished brownies. I have absolutely loved seeing them and hearing your stories – thank you so much! I’ve also had a lot of questions about the recipe, especially how to get those delicious little eggs to stay whole inside the brownies. With help from my wonderful friend Chantal, who is being my UK tester while I wait for Creme Eggs to come into the shops in Hong Kong (What’s taking them so long?!) we’ve found out the best ways to keep those brownies gooey and those Creme Eggs whole. […]

10. […] As Cadbury have brought out their Creme Eggs for 2014, there has been a recipe flying around social media for Creme Egg Brownies by Scarletscorchdroppers (Her blog & recipe). […]

11. […] excellent cake afterwards too and my creme egg brownies (or rather the ones I pinched from this excellent recipe) went down a storm, much to the littlest one’s annoyance as he was hoping they would be […]

12. […] the perfect recipe for anyone struggling to keep the centre in the eggs of their Creme Egg Brownies. The Creme Eggs here don’t get […]

13. […] Happy Easter! Find the amazing recipe here. […]

14. […] to create this culinary masterpiece, I must acknowledge one of my school friends who posted this link on my Facebook page. I did make several adjustments from the […]

15. […] to create this culinary masterpiece, I must acknowledge one of my school friends who posted this link on my Facebook page. I did make several adjustments from the […]

16. […] Easter mornings when me and my brother were children always started with egg hunts in our garden, or my grandma’s garden or, on particularly good years, both. Read More… […]

17. […] off  this year are my Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies, a recipe that made it into my 2013 round up too!  These have been without a doubt my most […]

18. […] the perfect recipe for anyone struggling to keep the centre in the eggs of their Creme Egg Brownies. The Creme Eggs here don’t get […]

19. […] About a year ago I adapted this recipe for Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies. I’ve been thrilled that, recently, lots of you have been giving them a go. I’ve had lots of lovely tweets and comments with pictures of mouth-wateringly delicious looking finished brownies. I have absolutely loved seeing them and hearing your stories – thank you so much! I’ve also had a lot of questions about the recipe, especially how to get those delicious little eggs to stay whole inside the brownies. With help from my wonderful friend Chantal, who is being my UK tester while I wait for Creme Eggs to come into the shops in Hong Kong (What’s taking them so long?!) we’ve found out the best ways to keep those brownies gooey and those Creme Eggs whole.For those of your that have asked for the recipe in cups, scroll down – you’re in for a treat! Creme Egg Brownies – FAQ How do I get the middle to stay in my Creme Eggs?  Put the Creme eggs into the freezer for at least an hour before you bake the brownies, over night is best! This will keep the eggs nice and cold, while the brownie bakes around them and stops the middle melting and running out. If you’ve tried freezing them and it didn’t work, try reducing your oven temperature to 160C/320F and bake for about 20 minutes. Remember, the brownie will still keep cooking once it’s removed from the oven, take them out a little before you think they’re completely cooked. […]

20. […] Creme egg brownies, perfect for Easter […]

21. […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); via scarletscorchdroppers.com […]

22. […] Creme egg brownies – died and gone to heaven!! Seriously, can’t believe it. […]

23. […] to create this culinary masterpiece, I must acknowledge one of my school friends who posted this link on my Facebook page. I did make several adjustments from the […]

24. […] talent for dreaming up fabulous bakes involving chocolate treats – check out her famous Cadburys Creme Egg Brownies, a personal favourite that has now become an Easter […]

25. […] of Cadbury Creme Eggs might like to try my  Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies, or Creme Egg Scotch […]

26. […] brownies. These are not just any brownies. These are Creme egg brownies. You can find the recipe here. I didn’t go the whole hog and do the topping but I have done it a couple of years ago and it […]

27. […] Sources: Scarlet Scorch Droppers, Good […]